In the proposed paper, the authors consider one of the directions of non-raw material economic development: the prospects for the outdoor recreation industry, and in particular the sub-industry of hunting, fishing and watching. According to the authors, the development of these industries can bring an increase in economic turnover by an amount comparable to the amount of income from the export of Russian arms. The authors consider the positive experience of the development of the outdoor recreation industry in a number of developed countries. In addition, the authors believe that the development of the outdoor recreation industry can contribute to solving such problems as improving the health of the population, consolidating the population in hard-to-reach and remote areas, and increasing the country’s reputation capital due to inbound ecological hunting and fishing tourism.
1. The Outdoor Recreation Economy. Outdoor Industry Association, available at: https://outdoorindustry.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/OIA_RecEconomy_FINAL_Single.pdf
2. Roadmap for the 21st Century Outdoor Recreation Economy. Outdoor Recreation Roundtable, available at: https://recreationroundtable.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/ORR_PolicyGuide2019_07.pdf
3. Zdravookhranenie Rossii: 2018–2024 gg. [Healthcare of Russia: 2018–2024]. Vysshaya shkola organizatsii i upravleniya zdravookhraneniem, available at: https://www.vshouz.ru/journal/2018-god/zdravookhranenie-rossii-2018-2024gg/
4. Psikhicheskie zabolevaniya v Rossii: chto proiskhodit [Mental Illness in Russia: What’s Going On]. MEDNovosti, available at: https://medportal.ru/mednovosti/psihicheskie-zabolevaniya-v-rossii-chto-proishodit/
5. The Effect of Contact with Natural Environments on Positive and Negative Affect: A Meta-Analysis. Digital Commons@WOU, available at: https://digitalcommons.wou.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1031&context=fac_pubs
6. Study provides insights on links between nature and mental wellbeing. Outlook, available at: https://www.outlookindia.com/newsscroll/study-providesinsights-on-links-between-nature-and-mental-wellbeing/1226643.
7. Rezervnye territorii: zadacha dlya chelovechestva [Reserve Territories: a Challenge for Humanity]. Livejournal, available at: https://vapankov.livejournal.com/2444.html.
8. Raspredelenie naseleniya na territorii Rossii [Population Distribution on the Territory of Russia]. Otechestvennye zapiski, available at: http://www.strana-oz.ru/2002/6/raspredelenie-naseleniya-na-territorii-rossii
9. National Survey of Fishing, Hunting, and Wildlife-Associated Recreation. U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, available at: https://wsfrprograms.fws.gov/subpages/nationalsurvey/nat_survey2016.pdf
10. On the Conditions for Developing Hunting and Fishing Tourism in Sweden. Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences Umeе, 2014, available at: https://pub.epsilon.slu.se/11133/1/kagervall_a_140416.pdf
11. Fritidsfisket i Sverige 2017. Sveriges Officiella Statistik, available at: http://www.scb.se/contentassets/e75d209e5b044d4a96d417baad8d6079/jo1104_2017a01_sm_jo57sm1802.pdf.