The scientific article puts forward theoretical and practical provisions, in aggregate constituting a new method of managing competitiveness in the service sector. The methodology proposed by the author makes it possible to ensure the effectiveness of the process of managing competitiveness in market conditions and instability of economic development, and can also be used for subsequent scientific and theoretical research, and in the practical activities of service enterprises in the course of developing effective management decisions.
1. Galiullin I.R. Evaluation of the synergy effect in the study of the competitive market of the service sector on the example of the DIY sector / I.R. Galiullin, I.V. Zhukovskaya // Microeconomics. 2019. No. 2. pp. 44-49.
2. Galimulina F.F. Technology Platforms as an Efficient Tool to Modernize Russia’s Economy / F.F. Galimulina, I.V. Zhukovskaya, I.P. Komissarova, A.I. Shinkevich, A.N. Mayorova, I.A. Astafyeva, N.V. Klimova, K.R. Nabiullina // International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues. 2016.Vol. 6. No. 1. pp. 163-168.
3. Zhukovskaya I.V. Market aspects of the implementation of the investment strategy of corporations // Economic Bulletin of the Republic of Tatarstan. 2009. No. 4. pp. 42-45.
4. Zhukovskaya I.V. Specificity of risk management of investment projects in industry // Economics and Management. 2010. No. 2. pp. 53-56.
5. Zhukovskaya IV Efficiency of management of investment resources of an enterprise // Economics and Management. 2010. No. 4. pp. 76-81.
6. Zayats E.Yu. Improving management at consumer services enterprises // Resources, Information, Procurement, Competition. 2012. No. 3. pp. 12-13.
7. Lifits IM Competitiveness of goods and services. M.: Yurayt, 2013. 448 p.
8. Lozovsky L.Sh. Marketing and competitiveness. M.: Publishing house of standards, 2000. pp. 150-155.
9. Leonov E.F. Increasing the competitiveness of small and medium-sized enterprises in the service sector based on the formation of institutional space: dis. Cand. econom. Sciences: 08.00.05 / Leonov Egor Fedorovich. St. Petersburg, 2017. pp. 189-194.
10. Milner B. 3. Modern economic development. Moscow: Economics and Finance, 1990.642 p.
11. McConnell K. and Bru S. Economics. M.: Mysl, 1998. pp. 354-362.
12. Mikhailenko S.V. Instruments for increasing the competitiveness of a multi-branch bank // Analytical Banking Journal. 2005. No. 7. pp.67-68.
13. Taylor D. Fundamentals of Scientific Management. Higher school, 1999. pp. 138-144.
14. Fatkhutdinov R.A. Organizational competitiveness management. M.: EKSMO, 2005. pp. 542-544.
15. Khusaenov R.R. Rank correlation technique as a way to assess small and medium-sized businesses in the service sector: from theory to practice. / R.R. Khusaenov, I.V. Zhukovskaya // Microeconomics. 2019. No. 2. pp.50-56.
16. Khusaenov R.R. Theoretical aspects of the formation of an innovative infrastructure of the service sector taking into account engineering and reengineering at the meso-level / R.R. Khusaenov, I.V. Zhukovskaya // Microeconomics 2017. No. 5. pp. 12-17.
17. Rustem R. Khusaenov Development of Innovative Infrastructure Services in The Conditions of Discreteness of Its Components / Rustem R. Khusaenov, Irina V. Zhukovskaya //International Journal of Advanced Research in Engineering and Technology (IJARET) ISSN Print: 0976-6480 and ISSN Online: 0976-6499 Vol. 11. No. 3 (2020). pp. 276-291.
18. Shinkevich M.V. Differentiation of stage-by-stage «points of crisis» of pre-bankrupt service enterprises in the modern economy. / M.V. Shinkevich, I.V. Zhukovskaya // Bulletin of Economics, Law and Sociology. 2018. No. 2.
19. Shinkevich M.V. The specifics of researching the competitive advantages of the service sector market at the meso-economic level: theory and practice. / M.V. Shinkevich, I.V. Zhukovskaya // Microeconomics. 2019. No. 2. pp. 38-43.