The article examines the problem of measuring the scientific knowledge base (SKB) of innovation systems, the solution of which ensures transition to policy reformatting through the prism of SKB, which in its turn makes it possible to form a bridge between SKB and competitive opportunities in the sectoral market, between scientific knowledge and provision of technological and economic security. The developed measurement system was used to evaluate the SKB of Russia’s SIS in the field of nanotechnology in order to answer a number of questions. Has competitive nanoscience been created during the reforms? Are the country’s economic reforms supported by nanotechnological knowledge? Is the scientific sector oriented towards developing breakthrough nanotechnologies of the future?
1. Gaponenko N.V. Sektoral’nye innovatsionnye sistemy v ekonomike, osnovannoi na znaniyakh [Sectoral Innovation Systems in the Knowledge-Based
Economy]. Monografiya. Moscow, IPRAN RAN, 2021.
2. Gaponenko N.V. Formirovanie tekhnologicheskoi bazy ekonomiki, osnovannoi na znaniyakh [Forming the Technological Base of the Knowledge-based
Economy]. Monografiya. Moscow, Yuniti-Dana, 2018.
3. Gaponenko N. In Search of Sectoral Foresight Methodology: Bridging Foresight and Sectoral System of Innovation and Production. Futures, 2022 HYPERLINK “https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/00163287/135/supp/C”, vol. 135.
4. Gaponenko N.V. Zakonomernosti i osobennosti evolyutsii sektoral’nykh innovatsionnykh sistem v ramkakh dolgosrochnogo tsikla [Regularities and Features of the Evolution of Sectoral Innovation Systems in the Framework of a Long-term Cycle]. Sistemy i menedzhment, 2020, no 1.
5. Chimini G., Gabrielli A., Silos Labini F. Nauchnaya konkurentosposobnost’ natsii [Scientific Competitiveness of Nations]. PLoS ONE, 2014, 9(12).
6. Nanoindustriya Rossii. Statisticheskii spravochnik. 2015–2020 [Nanoindustry of Russia. Statistical Handbook. 2015-2020]. Moscow, 2020.