The era of digital reorganisation will engender transformation of the world economy, largely determining the vector of civilizational development. Despite the losses of the 20th century, Russia, having the potential of fundamental science and resource self-sufficiency, is still among the few countries capable of leadership in changing conditions. Post-COVID economy has only accelerated the transformation process, generating thrust for the rapid growth of “unicorns”, mainly in the markets of platform and ecosystem solutions. Russia may become the “homeland” of such “unicorns”, and their scaling will provide the growing consumer market of Africa, which is a favourable territory for development and localization of scaling of science-intensive exports that can ensure the well-being of national economies.
1. Mirovaya geografiya kompanii-edinorogov [Global Geography of Unicorn Companies]. Nauka, tekhnologii, innovatsii, 2021, September, 24, available at: https://issek.hse.ru/mirror/pubs/share/508603329.pdf.
2. United Nations e-Government Survey 2018. United Nations, 2018, available at: https://publicadministration.un.org/egovkb/Portals/egovkb/Documents/un/2018-Survey/E-Government%20Survey%202018_FINAL%20for%20web.pdf.
3. Rossiya stala odnim iz mirovykh liderov po urovnyu proniknoveniya fintekh-uslug [Russia has Become One of the World Leaders in Terms of Fintech Services Penetration]. EY, available at: https://www.ey.com/ru_ru/news/2019/11/news-ey-fintech-survey-2019.
4. Pri Mishustine nalogovoe vedomstvo Rossii stalo odnim iz luchshikh v mire [Under Mishustin, the Tax Department of Russia has Become One of the Best in the World]. Federal’noe agentstvo novostei, available at: https://riafan.ru/1242831-pri-mishustine-nalogovoe-vedomstvo-rossii-stalo-odnim-iz-luchshikh-v-mire.
5. African Economic Outlook 2021. African Development Bank Group, available at: https://www.afdb.org/en/knowledge/publications/african-economic-outlook.
6. Sammit “Rossiya — Afrika” [Russia-Africa Summit]. Ofitsial’nyi sait Prezidenta RF, available at: http://www.kremlin.ru/events/president/news/61893.
7. From magazine: African air cargo market bucks global trend. Logistics update Africa, available at: https://www.logupdateafrica.com/african-air-cargo-marketbucks-global-trend.