One of the key ones and most cost-effective technology from an economic point of view for the real sector is the Internet of Things (IoT) technology, which is usually provided in the form of Internet of Things (IoT) platforms, still does not have its own framework for assessing its economic efficiency. The author proposes a methodological approach based on a combination of classical methods of investment analysis and an architectural approach. From the information point of view the scientific work is based on cost-effectiveness studies of IoT projects, domestic and foreign scientific publications, IT cases and research on taxonomy of IoT platforms. The proposed approach may serve as the basis both for preparation of financial business cases and for facilitating the development of tools for objective assessment of the project initiatives attractiveness as part of implementation of the state digital development programs in Russia.
1. Tsifrovoe desyatiletie. V nogu so vremenem [Digital Decade. In Step with the Times]. PriceWaterhouseCoopers, 2017, available at: https://www.pwc.ru/ru/publications/global-digital-iq-survey-rus.pdf.
2. Tsifrovaya Rossiya: novaya real’nost’ [Digital Russia: New Reality]. McKinsey, 2017, available at: https://www.mckinsey.com/ru/~/media/mckinsey/locations/europe%20and%20middle%20east/russia/our%20insights/digital%20russia/digital-russia-report.pdf.
3. Pasport federal’nogo proekta “Tsifrovye tekhnologii” [Passport of the “Digital Technologies” Federal Project]. Tsifrovaya ekonomika, available at: https://files.data-economy.ru/Docs/FP_Cifrovye_texnologii_pdf.
4. Internet of Things, IoT, M2M market in Russia. TADVISER, available at: https://tadviser.com/index.php/Article:Internet_of_Things%2C_IoT%2C_M2M_%28Russian_market%29#IDC:_The_Internet_of_Things_market_in_Russia_will_grow_to_.249_billion_in_2020.
5. Kaczorowska A., Sloniec J., Motyka S. Comprehensive methods of evaluation and project efficiency account. Proceedings of the 2016 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, 2016, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc., pp. 1159–1168.
6. The State of Today’s IT: Process Maturity, Business Alignment, and Digital Transformation. HDI, available at: https://www.thinkhdi.com/~/media/HDICorp/Files/Industry-Reports/state-of-todays-IT-2017.pdf.
7. SDG Digital Investment Framework — A whole-of-Government Approach to Investing in Digital Technologies to Achieve the SDGs. International Telecommunication Union, available at: https://www.itu.int/pub/D-STR-DIGITAL.02-2019.
8. 2021 List of IoT Platforms Companies. IOT-ANALYICS, available at: https://iot-analytics.com/product/list-of-iot-platform-companies/
9. APQC Cross Industry Process Classification Framework version 7.2.1. APQC. 2021, available at: https://www.apqc.org/resource-library/resource-listing/apqcprocess-classification-framework-pcf-cross-industry-excel-7.
10. Porter M. Konkurentnoe preimushchestvo: Kak dostich’ vysokogo rezul’tata i obespechit’ ego ustoichivost’ [Competitive Advantage: How to Achieve High Result and Ensure Its Sustainability]. Moscow, Al’pina Pablisher, 2016, 1020 p.