The article identifies negative factors affecting the economic state and development of electricity industry in Murmansk Oblast cities and towns and provides a rationale for smart systems of energy consumption management based on digitalisation of the metering process. In particular, the high demand for and the scarcity and inefficient use of energy in the Arctic have laid the groundwork for the Smart House Project within the National Projects for Housing and Urban Environment and Digital Economy. Key results of the project include a reduction in consumer debt for energy, reduced costs of reading and processing data from electricity meters, increased efficiency of enforcing energy consumption restrictions, increased economic efficiency of the sector, and safety for people living in residential houses.
1. On functioning of retail electricity markets and full and (or) partial restriction of power consumption. Decree of the RF Government of 4 May 2012 №442 (ver. of 29.12.2020). Collected Laws of the Russian Federation. 07.01.2013 №1. Art. 45.
2. On amendments in Russian Federation legal acts due to development of electricity (power) metering systems in the Russian Federation. Federal Law 522-FZ of 27 December 2018. Collected Laws of the Russian Federation. 31.12.2018 №53 (Part I). Art. 8448.
3. National Project Data Sheet: Housing and Urban Environment (2018). approved by the Board of the Council for Strategic Development and National Projects attached to the RF President. Protocol of 24.12.2018 №16. Official website for legal information. URL: https://base.garant.ru/72190282/
4. National Project Data Sheet: National Programme for a Digital Economy in the Russian Federation. Аpproved by the Board of the Council for Strategic Development and National Projects attached to the RF President. Protocol of 04.06.2019 №7. Official website for legal information. URL: https://base.garant.ru/72190282/
5. Bodrunov S., Demidenko D., Plotnikov V. Reindustrialization and the formation of the «Digital economy»: harmonization of trends through the process of innovative development // Managerial consulting. 2018;2 (110):43-54. (In Russ.).
6. Bodrunov S., Plotnikov V., Vertakova, Y. Technological Development as a Factor of Ensuring the National Security // Proceedings of the 30th International Business Information Management Association Conference — Vision 2020: Sustainable Economic development, Innovation Management, and Global Growth. Madrid. 2018. 8-9 November. pp.66-74.
7. Kelchevskaya N., Shirinkina E. Regional determinants of effective use of human capital in the digital economy // Economy of Region.2019;15(2):465-482. (In Russ.).
8. Skotarenko O., Babkin A., Bespalova S., Senetskaya L. Tools for digitalization of economic processes for supporting management decision-making in the region, IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science. 302 (1). 6 August. kod 012147
9. Frolov D., Lavrentyeva A. Цифровая экономика как объект регулирования: взгляд институциональной теории // Economic analysis: theory and practice. 2019;15(4)33-44. (In Russ.).
10. Charykina O., Markova Е. Regional clustering in the digital economy // Economy of Region. 2019;15(2):409-419. (In Russ.).