Technological advances have resulted in rapid decrease of the data processing unit cost, which has stimulated a significant increase in the use of digital information that can be manipulated at a high speed and with low marginal costs. This change facilitated the use and integration of digital products and transactions, which led to continuous structural transformation of the economy. Digital technologies are increasingly blurring the boundaries between human life and information technologies, which requires a systemic approach to innovative business models, but so far general concept and unified methodology for systemic development of digital business models are missing. The present article summarizes the main approaches to analyzing changes in business models under the influence of digital transformation. The latter has led both to modification of global value chains and to the development of a new type of global digital platforms operating based on a new system of competitive advantages
1. Tax Challenges Arising from Digitalisation — Interim Report 2018: Inclusive Framework on BEPS, OECD/G20 Base Erosion and Profit Shifting Project. Paris: ОECD Publishing, 2018, p. 12.
2. Kirillov V.N. Rol’ innovatsionnykh faktorov v povyshenii konkurentosposobnosti rossiiskikh predpriyatii [Role of Innovation Factors in Increasing Competitiveness of Russian Enterprises]. Rossiiskii vneshneekonomicheskii vestnik, 2009, no 6, pp. 67–68.
3. Brousseau E., Pénard T. The Economics of Digital Business Models: A Framework for Analyzing the Economics of Platforms. Review of Network Economics, vol. 6, issue 2, pp. 82.
4. Casalini F., González J.L., Moïsé E. Approaches to market openness in the digital age. OECD Trade Policy Papers, no 219, Paris, OECD Publishing, 2019, p. 2.
5. OECD market openness principles. OECD Innovation Policy Platform, 2010, available at: http://www.oecd.org/innovation/policyplatform/48137680.pdf.
6. Romalis J. Market access, Openness and Growth. NBER Working Paper, 2007, no. w13048.
7. Osterwalder A., Pigneur Y. Business model generation: a handbook for visionaries, game changers, and challengers. Wiley, Hoboken, NJ, 2010, 282 p.
8. Lopez J. Digital business is everyone’s business. Forbes, 2014, May, 7, available at: https://www.forbes.com/sites/gartnergroup/2014/05/07/digital-businessis-everyones-business/#146e3f267f82.
9. Blaschke M., Cigaina M., Riss U.V. Designing Business Models for the Digital Economy. Springer International Publishing Switzerland, 2017, G. Oswald, M. Kleinemeier (eds.), Shaping the Digital Enterprise, pp. 121–136.
10. Miroudot S. Services and Manufacturing in Global Value Chains: Is the Distinction Obsolete? ADBI Working Paper, no. 927, Tokyo, Asian Development Bank Institute (ADBI), 2019, 25 p.
11. Miroudot S., Cadestin C. Services In Global Value Chains: From Inputs to Value-Creating Activities. OECD Trade Policy Papers, no 197, Paris, OECD Publishing, 2017.
12. Bernard A.B., Fort T C. Factoryless Goods Producing Firms. American Economic Review, 2015, no 105(5), p. 519.
13. Gaiardelli P., Saccani N., Songini L. Performance measurement systems in after-sales service: An integrated framework. International Journal of Business Performance Management, 2007, no 9(2), pp. 145–171.
14. WTO. World Trade Report 2019. The Future of Services Trade. Geneva, WTO Publications, 2019, p. 45.
15. Lopez-Gonzalez J., Ferencz J. Digital Trade and Market Openness. OECD Trade Policy Papers, 2018, no 217, OECD Publishing, Paris, p. 38.
16. Smirnov E.N., Luk’yanov S.A. Formirovanie i razvitie global’nogo rynka sistem iskusstvennogo intellekta [Formation and Development of the Global Market for Artificial Intelligence Systems]. Ekonomika regiona, 2019, vol. 15, vyp. 1.
17. Luk’yanov S.A. Ob opredelenii otraslevykh bar’erov vkhoda kak tsentral’noi dinamicheskoi kharakteristiki otrasli [On Defining Entry Barriers as a Central Dynamic Characteristics of the Industry]. Problemy sovremennoi ekonomiki, 2006, no 3–4, pp. 115–120.
18. Evans P., Gawer A. The rise of the platform enterprise: A global survey. The Emerging Platform Economy Series, no 1, The Center for Global Enterprise, 2016, January, 29 p.
19. Accenture. Five Ways to Win with Digital Platform. G20 Young Enterpremeurs Alliance, Accenture, 2016, pp. 6, 7.