In the proposed article, the authors state inconsistency between the juvenile justice system in contemporary Russia and the population needs. To explain this phenomenon, the authors make a brief historical digression and trace the transformation of traditional family into the nuclear one, alongside with changes in the structure of individual’s needs, conditioned by technological progress. The authors analyze the role of the state in the said process, which, according to the authors, contributes to erosion and destruction of the traditional family values, stimulates decrease in the birth rate among the indigenous population and, at the same time, its increase among migrants, where the values of traditional family continue to dominate due to historical conditions. According to the authors, erosion and transformation of the values of a traditional family and its death as such is just as inevitable as scientific and technological progress. Solution of the problem seems to be in humanizing juvenile justice system and bringing its practice in conformity with the population mentality.
1. Finskie yuvenalo-fashisty prodolzhayut zabirat’ detey iz smeshannykh semey [Finnish Juvenile Fascists Continue to Take Away Children From Mixed Families]. Rossiya 24, 2016, January, 8, available at: http://gifakt.ru/archives/index/finskie-yuvenalo-fashisty-prodolzhayut-zabirat-detej-iz-smeshannyh-semej/
2. Yuvenal’naya yustitsiya na Urale: vmesto pomoshchi sem’e — iz”yali detey [Juvenile Justice in the Urals: Instead of Helping the Family, Children were Taken Away]. REGNUM, 2016, November ,18, available at: https://regnum.ru/news/accidents/2206853.html.
3. V zashchitu detstva: kak normy yuvenal’noy yustitsii mogut otrazit’sya na zhizni rossiyskikh semey [Defending Childhood: How the Juvenile Justice Norms can Affect the Lives of Russian Families]. INTER, 2016, November, 9, available at: http://inter-volgograd.ru/2016/11/kak-normy-yuvenalnoj-yustitsii-mogutotrazitsya-na-zhizni-rossijskih-semej/
4. Digesty Yustiniana, izbrannye fragment [Code of Justinian, Selected Fragments]. Perevod i primechaniya I.S. Pereterskogo. Moscow, 1984, p. 89.
5. Mel’nikova E.B. Yuvenal’naya yustitsiya [Juvenile Justice]. Uchebnoe posobie dlya studentov yuridicheskikh vysshikh obrazovatel’nykh uchrezhdeniy. Moscow, Fond NAN, 2000, 176 p.
6. Ionin L.G. Apdeyt konservatizma [Update of Conservatism]. Moscow, Izdatel’skiy dom Gosudarstvennogo universiteta — Vysshey shkoly ekonomiki, 2010
7. Konventsiya o pravakh rebenka [Convention on the Rights of the Child]. OON, available at: http://www.un.org/ru/documents/decl_conv/conventions/childcon.shtml.