The analysis of methods for reducing the carbon intensity of pipeline gas and LNG and the development of renewable energy for the long term in Russia and the world is given. Considerable attention is paid to the conflict of interests of the German parties around the «Nord Stream 2» gas pipeline, which is particularly evident before the elections to the German Bundestag, which will be held on September 26, 2021.
The conclusion about the great environmental friendliness and economy of the «Nord Stream 2» is justified.
The analysis of the long-term program for the development of LNG production in the Russian Federation, adopted by the Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation on March 16, 2021, is given.
1. Carbon intensity of electricity in the world and in Russia / Analytical center under the Government of the Russian Federation // Energy bulletin. 2019. No. 72.
2. «Gazprom» refutes the myths about LNG [Electronic resource]. – Access mode: interfax.ru (date of access: 02.05.2021).
3. Russia entered the struggle for the global market for liquefied gas [Electronic resource]. – Access mode: https://1prime.ru/gas/20210324/833308809.html (date of access: 03.05.2021).
4. Order of the Government of the Russian Federation of March 16, 2021 No. 640-r. – Access from the reference legal system ConsultantPlus.
5. Merkel called for the launch of «SP-2» because of the need for Russian gas [Electronic resource]. – Access mode: https://iz.ru/1164745/2021-05-16/merkel-prizvala-zapustit-sp-2-iz-za-nuzhdy-v-rossiiskom-gaze (date of access: 16.05.2021).
6. Energy barometer (Power barometer) [Electronic resource]. – Access mode: https://energy.Wiil.hse.ru (date of access: 06.05.2021).
7. Barsukov Y. Sanctions on the stream // Money. 2020. No. 23. Thematic supplement to the newspaper «Kommersant».
8. The pandemic returned the world to traditional energy [Electronic resource]. – Access mode: vz.ru> Economy> 2020/3/24 / 1030602.htm.I (date of access: 06.05.2021).