The Treaty on the Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU), signed on May 29, 2014, entered into force on January 1, 2015. The purpose of the Union is to provide conditions for the stable economic development of member states by improving the living standards of the population, comprehensive modernization, cooperation and increasing the competitiveness of national economies. Armenia became part of the EAEU 2015 on January 2. At the same time, the most important problems for all countries remain: the problem of diversification of national industry; low competitiveness of the products of most manufacturers, a low share of high-tech products in exports, virtually no trade and investment cooperation between individual pairs of countries, the degree of public confidence in the integration group. The article discusses issues related to the economic development of Armenia within the EAEU, mutual trade with the EAEU member countries, the attitude of the population to the EAEU; the positive and negative aspects of Armenia’s participation in the EAEU, as well as possible ways to strengthen integration within the EAEU are revealed
1. Ziyadullaev N. Evraziiskomu ekonomicheskomu soyuzu nuzhny nestandartnye podkhody [Eurasian Economic Union Needs Innovative Approaches]. Mezhdunarodnaya zhizn’, available at: http://interaffairs.ru/read.php?item=12057.
2. Evraziiskii ekonomicheskii soyuz v tsifrakh. Kratkii statisticheskii sbornik [Eurasian Economic Union in Numbers. Brief Statistical Digest]. Evraziiskaya ekonomicheskaya komissiya, available at: http://www.eurasiancommission.org/ru/act/integr_i_makroec/dep_stat/econstat/Documents/Brief_Statistics_Yearbook_2019.pdf.
3. Osnovnye tendentsii integratsionnogo razvitiya Armenii v 2018 g. [The Main Trends of the Integration Development of Armenia in 2018]. Evraziiskii bank razvitiya, available at: https://eabr.org/analytics/integration-research/cii-reports/osnovnye-tendentsii-integratsionnogo-razvitiya-armenii-v-2018-g/
4. Integratsionnyi barometr EABR (shestaya volna izmerenii). Doklad N 46 [EDB Integration Barometer (Sixth Wave of Measurements). Report No. 46]. Evraziiskii bank razvitiya, available at: https://eabr.org/upload/iblock/0dc/EDB-Centre_2017_Report-46_EDB-Integration-Barometer_RUS_1.pdf.
5. Andronova I.V., Belova I.N., Ganeeva M.V., Moseikin Yu.N. Nauchno-tekhnicheskoe sotrudnichestvo v ramkakh EAES kak vazhneishii faktor loyal’nosti naseleniya stran-uchastnits k integratsionnomu ob”edineniyu i ego prityagatel’nosti dlya novykh chlenov [Scientific and Technical Cooperation in the Framework of EAEU as a Major Public Loyalty Factor of Participating Countries to Integration Association and Its Attractiveness for New Members]. Vestnik RUDN. Seriya: Sotsiologiya. 2018, no 1, pp. 117–130