The author considers three generations of foresight to identify the vector and the logic of its development in order to build theoretical foundation and methodology of foresight in a knowledge-based economy. The article reveals that as the new economy comes into being and develops, a shift from the paradigm of linearity to complexity paradigm, from considering an object under research as a closed and static system to adaptive, dynamic, open, self-organizing systems of a new complexity level, developing in a globalizing economy, in rapidly changing environments with high level of uncertainty, occurs. Theoretical basis should be the theory of evolution, complexity and chaos.
- Gaponenko N.V. Forsayt: teoriya, metodologiya, opyt [Foresight: Theory, Methodology, Experience]. Moscow, YuNITI — DANA, 2008.
- Gaponenko N.V. Sfera issledovaniy i razrabotok v epokhu fundamental’nykh izmeneniy [Research and Development Sphere in the Era of Fundamental Changes]. Informatsionnoe obshchestvo, 2006, no 6.
- Gaponenko N. Scenarios of Russian Water Sector Development. Paris: UNESCO / World Water Council, 1999.
- Georghiou L., Harper J.C., Keenan M., Miles I., Popper R. The Handbook of Technology Foresight: Concepts and Practice. (PRIME Series on Research and Innovation Policy). Cheltenham: Edward Elgar Publishing, 2008.
- Taleb N.N. The Black Swan: The Impact of the Highly Improbable. N.Y., Random House, 2007.