Significant volumes of the gold and foreign exchange reserves determines the high importance of taking well-based decisions in the process of managing reserves. While maintaining the overall set-up for implementing conservative strategy of reserves management, investing part of the funds in more risky financial instruments may increase profitability without risking macroeconomic stability and loss of reserves
1. Assessing reserve adequacy — specific proposals. IMF, Washington, 2015.
2. Aghion P., Bacchetta P., Ranciere R., Rogoff K. Exchange rate volatility and productivity growth: The role of financial development. NBER Working Paper. 2006. N 12117.
3. Bussière and Mulder. External Vulnerability in Emerging Market Economies: How High Liquidity Can Offset Weak Fundamentals and the Effects of Contagion. Working Paper WP/99/88. 1999, July.
4. Debt- and Reserve-Related Indicators of External Vulnerability. IMF, 2000. March.
5. Obzor deyatel’nosti Banka Rossii po upravleniyu aktivami v inostrannykh valyutakh i zolote [Overview of the Bank of Russia activities in Managing Assets in Foreign Currencies and Gold]. 2019, no 1, available at: https://www.cbr.ru/Collection/Collection/File/14216/2019-01_res.pdf.
6. Sunner D. Trends in Global Foreign Currency Reserves. Reserve Bank of Australia, 2017.
7. Principles for the management of Norges Bank’s foreign exchange reserves, available at: https://www.norges-bank.no/en/about/Mandate-and-coreresponsibilities/foreign-exchange-reserves/Principles-for-the-management-of-Norges-Banks-foreign-exchange-reserves/
8. Management of Norges Bank’s foreign exchange reserves. 2018. November.
9. Obzor deyatel’nosti Banka Rossii po upravleniyu rezervnymi valyutnymi aktivami [Overview of the Bank of Russia Activities on Managing Reserve Currency Assets]. 2007, no 3, available at: https://www.cbr.ru/Collection/Collection/File/7924/2007-03_res.pdf.
10. Ershov M.V. Mirovoi finansovyi krizis. Chto dal’she? [World Financial Crisis. What’s Next?]. Moscow, Ekonomika, 2011, 295 p.
11. King M. Misguided policies and economic risk. Gold Investor. 2016. June.
12. Aganbegyan A.G. Finansy, byudzhet i banki v novoi Rossii [Finance, Budget and Banks in the New Russia]. Moscow, ID “Delo” RANKhiGS, 2018, 400 p.