The article investigated the impact of changes in the housing finance scheme on economic efficiency, financial risks and project timing. Factors of reducing economic efficiency in the transition to project financing are assessed. There is revealed the increase of financial risks as a result of rising market, inflation and credit risks. It was concluded that the efficiency of investment projects has been reduced, especially on the basis of calculations of net discounted income in the implementation of project financing in housing construction. Proposed a number of priority measures to facilitate the transition of housing construction to project financing.
1. On participation in the equity construction of apartment buildings and other real estate and on amendments to some legislation of the Russian Federation (with changes and additions) [Electronic resource]: Federal Law of December 30, 2004 N 214-Fz. – Access from the information and legal portal «Garant».
2. Official website of PJSC «Sberbank». [Electronic resource]. – Mode of access: https://www.sberbank.ru/ru/legal/res (date accessed: 25.01.2020).
3. Official website of Central Bank of Russia. [Electronic resource]. – Mode of access: https://cbr.ru/analytics/finansirovanie-dolevogo-stroitelstva/2019-12-02/ (date accessed: 25.01.2020).
4. Minstroy RF, Central Bank of Russia, JSC «DOM.RF». Recommendations to determine the best procedures for interaction between authorized banks and developers in the transition to project financing of equity housing projects using escrow accounts. [Electronic resource]. – Mode of access: https://www.minstroyrf.ru/docs/18195/ (date accessed: 25.01.2020).
5. D.A. Makarov, M.N. Yudenko. Economic efficiency, financial risks and timing for investment projects implemented with borrowed funds// Microeconomics. 2019. № 3. pp. 5–10.
6. The Central Bank of Russia’s Regulation of June 28, 2017 No. 590-P «On the formation of reserves by credit organizations for possible losses on loans, loans and equal debt» (date accessed: 25.01.2020).