The article presents one of the most promising and ambitious in socio-economic, political, humanitarian aspects of the Russian scientists’ project: “United Eurasia: Trans-Eurasian Belt of RAZVITIE — Integrated Eurasian Transport System (United Eurasia: TEBR-IETS)”.
The main purpose of the project is to ensure the connectivity of the territories of the Russian Federation and their active development, first of all, the deep integrated development of Siberia, the Far East and the Arctic. The role of the project in the partnership of the progressive world community is great; the radically modernized Trans-Siberian Railway — the backbone of the project — is designed to connect the Far East, including Japan, with Western Europe and the USA in the future. This fact will make it possible to carry out on the territory of the Russian Federation and the countries included in the project, the systemic coordination of all types of transport, including river and nautical, to create a single world logistics complex of advanced technical and managerial development.
The creation of the IETS will consolidate Russian geopolitical position as a transport bridge between the world economic and civilizational regions. It will create conditions for mutually beneficial cooperation with Austria, Germany, France, Czech Republic, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, India; will open up new opportunities for cooperation with North Korea, Canada and USA in the future. It will arouse interest from the PRC in the integration of a similar Chinese project, the “Silk Road” with
the Russian Megaproject. The implementation of the Megaproject will allow Russia to offer the world a new effective version of a non-confrontational way of solving international problems, become a geo-economic and geopolitical integrator on the Euro-Asian continent, lay the foundations for the solidarity development of all civilizational centers around Russia as a civilization state, make it senseless and impossible to impose sanctions on Russia, and raise to a qualitatively new level of authority and the role of the Russian Federation in the modern world
1. Fujta M., Krugman P., Venables A.J. The Spatial Economy: Cities, Regions and International Trade, 1999. The MIT Press Cambridge, London, England, available at: http://sinop.unemat.br/site_antigo/prof/foto_p_downloads/fot_6387the_spatial_economics_fujita_kbugman_venable(book)_pdf.pdf.
2. Otsenka sotsial’no-ekonomicheskoi effektivnosti proekta po razvitiyu zheleznodorozhnoi seti Sibiri i Dal’nego Vostoka [Assessment of the Socio-Economic Efficiency of the Project for the Development of Transportation Infrastructure in Siberia and the Far East]. Moscow, Tsentr dolgosrochnogo prognozirovaniya i strategicheskogo planirovaniya, 2018.
3. Ukaz Prezidenta RF ot 7 maya 2018 g. N 204 “O natsional’nykh tselyakh i strategicheskikh zadachakh razvitiya RF na period do 2024 goda” [Decree of the President of the Russian Federation No. 204 of May 7, 2018 “On the National Goals and Strategic Objectives of the Development of the Russian Federation for the Period up to 2024”]. Ofitsial’nyi internet-portal pravovoi informatsii, available at: http://publication.pravo.gov.ru/Document/View/0001201805070038.
4. Sotsial’nyi megaproekt XXI v. “Edinaya Evraziya: Trans-Evraziiskii poyas RAZVITIE (TEPR) — Integral’naya evraziiskaya transportnaya sistema (IETS)” [Social Megaproject of the XXI Century. “United Eurasia: Trans-Eurasian Belt of RAZVITIE (TEBR) — Integrated Eurasian Transport System (IETS)“]. Moscow — Saint-Petersburg, Nestor-Istoriya, 2021, vol. I–III.
5. Subbotin A. Magiya magistrali. Transportnyi megaproekt preobrazit stranu [The Magic of the Highway. The Mega-Transport Project Will Transform the Country]. Poisk, 2020, no 38, September, 18.