Many companies continue to consider value creation too unilaterally, aiming to maximize short-term financial results and ignoring the influence of a wider set of factors, which determine long-term competitiveness. Recognition of the need for a new paradigm of competitiveness, based on the complex approach, taking into account financial and non-financial goals, already exists among strategic thinkers and successful business-leaders, there are promising elements of the new model emerging in practice. Still for many companies the issues of social responsibility remain optional, dispensable to be included in strategic agenda. Efforts in this direction remain on the periphery, not in the center of managers’ attention. This article considers the relation between social responsibility, competitiveness of a company and value creation.
1. Pyatanova V. I. Strategy and competitive advantage of the company. Monograph. Moscow: Khlebprodinform, 2011. 140 p.
2. Porter M. E., Kramer M.R. Creating Shared Value //Harvard Business Review, January-February 2011. pp. 62-77.
3. Porter M. E., Kramer M.R. Strategy & Society: The Link Between Competitive Advantage and Corporate Social Responsibility //Harvard Business Review, December 2006. pp. 78-92.
4. Pyatanova V.I., Pyatanov I.A. Responsible finance: application and challenges for society, governments and corporations (2020) //Upravlenie, 8 (1), pp. 57-62.
5. How millennials are driving the rise of conscious capitalism. Bank Australia: Coming clean. [electronic resource]. – Access mode: http://www.theguardian.com/bank-australia-clean-money/2019/feb/20/how-millennials-are-driving-the-rise-of-conscious-capitalism (accessed: 15.06.2021).
6. 2018 Deloitte Millennial Survey. [electronic resource]. – Access mode: https://www2.deloitte.com/tr/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/millennialsurvey-2018.html (accessed: 15.06.2021).
7. The Global Competitiveness Report. How Countries Are Performing on the Road to Recovery. Special Edition 2020. World Economic Forum. [electronic resource]. – Access mode: http://www3.weforum.org/docs/WEF_TheGlobalCompetitivenessReport2020.pdf (accessed: 15.06.2021).