The contemporary world is characterized with slowdown of key processes of global institutional development at the background of instrumental capabilities for geo-economic competition that could now include the methods of political and economic pressure upon competitors. Such a state of affairs could be called «a pre-chaos» that means the backpedaling major developments in the global geoeconomics (including the investment ones) as well as the political one while waiting for the massive turbulence that could include application of force. The USA are interested in maximum prolongation of the pre-chaos state in order to buy time to consolidate the elite and stabilize the society socially. But the prolonged existence of world economy within the frame of pre-chaos model that among other things results in avoiding the longer-term economic decisions including investment-related ones, only increases the destructive potential of future crisis with the destruction of the vital elements of the system of global economic interdependence
1. Rajan R. How to Save Global Capitalism From Itself. Decentralizing decision-making can help left-behind regions get back on track. Foreign Policy, 2020, April, 3, available at: https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/04/03/save-global-capitalism-localism-deglobalization/
2. Liddl G.B. Strategiya nepryamykh deistvii [Strategy: the Indirect Approach]. Moscow, Astrel’, 2012, 508 p.
3. Il’nitskii A.I. Gibridnye voiny: vyzovy, ugrozy, uyazvimosti. U Rossii malo vremeni, chtoby sformirovat’ sobstvennyi obraz budushchego [Hybrid Wars: Challenges, Threats, and Sensitivities: Russia has Little Time to Develop an Indigenous Vision of Future]. Natsional’naya oborona, 2020, no 10, available at: https://oborona.ru/includes/periodics/geopolitics/2019/0624/114126921/detail.shtml.
4. Nye J. Soft Power. The Means to Success in World Politics. N.Y., Public Affairs, 2004, 192 p.
5. Sergei Pereslegin: Pandemiya koronavirusa — eto masshtabnyi eksperiment po zombirovaniyu [The Coronavirus Pandemia is it a Massive Zombying Experiment]. Biznes-online, available at: https://www.business-gazeta.ru/article/463926.
6. Takman B. Avgustovskie pushki [Guns of August]. Moscow, Astrel’, 2012, 576 p.
7. Shelling T. Strategiya konflikta [The Strategy of Conflict]. Moscow, IRISEN, Sotsium, 2014, 367 p.
8. Vallerstain I. Mirosistemnyi analiz. Vvedenie [World-Systems Analysis]. Moscow, URSS, Lenand, 2018, p. 85.
9. Menshikov S.M., Klimenko L.A. Dlinnye volny v ekonomike. Kogda obshchestvo menyaet kozhu [Long Waves in the Economy. When the Society Changes its Skin]. Moscow, Lenand, 2016, p. 191.
10. Biden J. Why America Must Lead Again. Rescuing U.S. Foreign Policy After Trump. Foreign Affairs, 2020, March/April, available at: https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/united-states/2020-01-23/why-america-must-lead-again.
11. Vindman A. The United States Must Marshal the “Free World”. Together, Democracies Can Counter the Authoritarian Threat. Foreign Affairs, 2020, December, 7, available at: https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/united-states/2020-12-07/united-states-must-marshal-free-world.
12. Ageev A.I., Loginov E.L. Coronavirus superstrategy: mirovaya proektsiya finansovoi modeli catastrophe just-in-time dlya vykhoda iz krizisa na novuyu geoekonomicheskuyu normal’nost’ [Coronavirus Superstrategy: Global Projection of the “Just-in-time Catastrophe’s” Financial Model for Overcoming the Crisis and Entering into a New Geo-Economic Normality]. Ekonomicheskie strategii, 2020, no 4, pp. 6–19, DOI: 10.33917/es-4.170.2020.6-19.
13. Tsygankov P.A. Politicheskaya dinamika sovremennogo mira: teoriya i praktika [Political Dynamics of Contemporary World: Theory and Practice]. Moscow, Izd-vo Moskovskogo universiteta, 2014, 576 p.