The scientific article considers a methodological approach to assessing lost profits and damage that is caused by subsoil as a result of their irrational use, based on normative legal acts of the Russian Federation, including a list of rights and obligations of subsoil users, requirements for rational use and protection of subsoil, the procedure for establishing the fact of an offense in areas of subsoil use, liability for violation of the law and damages, as well as the procedure for compensation for damage caused by irrational subsoil use. Using the approach will significantly increase the environmental and economic efficiency of subsoil use.
1. On subsoil [Electronic resource]: Law of the Russian Federation of 21.02.92, № 2395-1. – Access from the information and legal portal «Garant».
2. On protection of the rights of legal entities and individual entrepreneurs in the exercise of state control (supervision) and municipal control [Electronic resource]: Federal law №294-FZ of 26.12.2008. – Access from the information and legal portal «Garant».
3. Tax code of the Russian Federation part 2 (part 2 of the tax code of the Russian Federation) (August 5, 2000 № 117-FZ) [Electronic resource]. – Access from the information and legal portal «Garant».
4. Criminal code of the Russian Federation. Federal law № 63-FZ of 13.06.96 [Electronic resource]. – Access from the information and legal portal «Garant».
5. On approval of The rules for calculating the amount of damage caused to subsurface resources as a result of violation of the legislation of the Russian Federation on subsurface resources [Electronic resource]: Resolution of the Government of the Russian Federation №564 of July 4, 2013. – Access from the information and legal portal «Garant».
6. Melekhin E. S. Organizational and legal issues of subsoil use regulation at the present stage //Oil, Gas, Law. 2013. № 2. pp. 13-17.
7. Melekhin E. S., Omarov G. Z. On economic stimulation of rational subsoil use //Mineral resources of Russia. Economics and management. 2018. № 1. pp. 44-47.