Alexander Nikolaevich Nesmeyanov, one of the most underestimated presidents of the Academy of Sciences, was a great originalminded scientist who opened up organoelement chemistry to the world as an independent science and later on — an artificial food, to which the world turns again after several decades. These milestones of his biography are well known to scientific community, as well as his leadership of Moscow State University during the new complex construction on the Lenin Hills, creation of INEOS and VINITI. 10-years period of his biography, when he was a President of the USSR Academy of Sciences, is much less known. It was in this position that he manifested enormous talent as an organizer of the country’s modern science management system, where the Academy of Sciences played an important role. Many thoughts and deeds of A.N. Nesmeyanov are especially relevant today.
1. Adzhimoglu D., Robinson Dzh.A. Pochemu odni strany bogatye, a drugie bednye. Proiskhozhdenie vlasti, protsvetaniya i nishchety [Why Some Countries are Rich and the Other are Poor. The Origin of Power, Prosperity and Poverty]. Moscow, AST, 2016, 693 p.
2. Livshits V.N. Bednost’ i neravenstvo dokhodov naseleniya v Rossii i za rubezhom [Poverty and Income Inequality of the Population in Russia and Abroad]. Moscow, IE RAN, 2017, 52 p.
3. L’vov D.S. Ekonomika razvitiya [Development Economics]. Moscow, Ekzamen, 2002, 512 p.
4. Sen A. Razvitie kak svoboda [Development as Freedom]. Moscow, Novoe izdatel’stvo, 2004, 432 p.
5. Stiglits Dzh. Tsena neravenstva. Chem rassloenie obshchestva grozit nashemu budushchemu? [Price of Inequality. How does Stratification of the Society Threaten Our Future?] Moscow, Eksmo, 2015, 512 p.
6. Stiglits Dzh. Lyudi, vlast’ i pribyl’. Progressivnyi kapitalizm v epokhu massovogo nedovol’stva [People, Power and Profit. Progressive Capitalism in the Era of Mass Dissatisfaction]. Moscow, Al’pina Pablisher, 2020, 430 p.
7. Khelpman E. Zagadka ekonomicheskogo rosta [Riddles of Economic Growth]. Moscow, Izd-vo Instituta Gaidara, 2011, 240 p.
8. Shevyakov A.Yu. Mify i realii sotsial’noi politiki [Myths and Realities of Social Policy]. Moscow, ISEPN RAN, 2011, 76 p.
9. Breunig R., Majeed O. Inequality, Poverty and Economic Growth. International Economics, 2020, May, vol. 161, pp. 83–99.
10. Kuznets S. Modern Economic Growth: Findings and Reflections. The American Economic Review, 1973, vol. 63, no 3, pp. 247–258.
11. Ridzuan S. Inequality and the environmental Kuznets curve. Journal of Cleaner, 2019, vol. 228, pp. 1472–1481.
12. Sukharev O.S. Model’ ekonomicheskogo rosta s informatsionnoi asimmetriei i neravenstvom [Model of Economic Growth with Information Asymmetry and Inequality]. Problemy rynochnoi ekonomiki, 2018, no 2, pp. 57–68.
13. Berger P. Kapitalisticheskaya revolyutsiya. 50 tezisov o protsvetanii, ravenstve i svobode [Capitalist Revolution. 50 Theses on Prosperity, Equality and Freedom]. Moscow, Progress, 1994, pp. 55–56.
14. Evolyutsionnaya makroekonomika v postanovke i reshenii problem ekonomicheskoi politiki: Informatsionnaya ekonomika i kontseptsii sovremennogo menedzhmenta: Materialy Pervykh Drukerovskikh chtenii [Evolutionary Macroeconomics in Formulating and Solving Problems of Economic Policy: Information Economy and Concepts of Modern Management: Materials of the First Drucker Readings]. Moscow, Dobroe slovo, 2006, pp. 138–158.
15. Sukharev O.S. Sovremennyi mirovoi krizis i Rossiya: diagnostika i strategiya preodoleniya [Modern World Crisis and Russia: Diagnostics and Status of Overcoming]. Ekonomicheskie strategii, 2020, no 6, pp. 20–31, https://doi.org/10.33917/es-6.172.2020.20-31.
16. Palomino J.C., Rodrнguez J.G., Sebastian R. Wage inequality and poverty effects of lockdown and social distancing in Europe. European Economic Review, 2020, vol. 129.
17. Aganbegyan A.G. Kak preodolet’ stagnatsiyu i novye krizis, obespechiv sotsial’no-ekonomicheskii rost [How to Overcome Stagnation and New Crisis, Providing Socio-Economic Growth]. Ekonomicheskie strategii, 2020, no 6, pp. 6–19, https://doi.org/10.33917/es-6.172.2020.6-19.
18. Uroven’ zhizni [Standard of Living]. Rosstat, available at: https://rosstat.gov.ru/folder/13397.
19. Neravenstvo i bednost’ [Inequality and Poverty]. Rosstat, available at: https://rosstat.gov.ru/folder/13723.
20. Poverty Headcount Ratio at National Poverty Lines (% of population). The World Bank, available at: https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SI.POV.NAHC?view=chart
21. Gini index (World Bank estimate). The World Bank, available at: https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SI.POV.GINI.
22. Росстат, available at: https://rosstat.gov.ru/folder/13723, https://rosstat.gov.ru/folder/13397?print=1.